Re: [Czechlist] advanced life support facilities

    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
      no, that would be lahvicka Z kitU (from the kit..)

      it means vial with the kit (presumably inside or tacked onto it..)

      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
        By the way, my pharmaceutical customers always insisted on lahvicka,
        although ampulka is often used too.
        Honza

        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
          Urcite bych nechal trubku a zavity, a podle situace nechavam jehly a
          katetry. Ale nemyslim si, ze by palce mely nejaky smysl u tloustky
          oloveneho stineni. Proto jsem taky rikal "blindly" - co z je presne to,
          co spousta lidi dela.

          M.

          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
            OK, if we leave out the neobytny thing, we get hypersensitivni which is
            old-fashioned but not necessarily wrong. As to the many pripady, the
            wording is not realy nice but not an error again. I don't like the prvni
            pomoc either, but again, no typo included.

            To sum it up: an average translation, not nice but more or less
            acceptable. I've seen much worse....

            M.

            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
              staci precitlively

              > OK, if we leave out the neobytny thing, we get hypersensitivni which is
              > old-fashioned but not necessarily wrong. As to the many pripady, the
              > wording is not realy nice but not an error again. I don't like the prvni
              > pomoc either, but again, no typo included.
              >
              > To sum it up: an average translation, not nice but more or less
              > acceptable. I've seen much worse....
              >
              > M.
              >

              > Charlie Stanford napsal(a):
              >> Oops - the neobytny is my fault... It actually says nezbytny - again I
              >> OCRed
              >> it and spell-checked but it did not pick up certain things. Sorry
              >> translator....

            • Petr
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                On je taky vzdycky problem se zaokrouhlovanim a co zakaznik "snese". Kdyz budu mit vetu "stineni ma mit tloustku 7 palcu" a prelozim "18 cm", tak se nekdy zasekne, ze to musi byt "17,78 cm".
                Petr
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                  Ja vim - z toho pak padaji komicke vety typu "about one inch" -> "asi
                  2,54 cm". Blbost jde napric populaci - prekladatelu i klientu. S blbosti
                  vlastnich klientu ma smysl do urcite miry bojovat. U tech druhych to asi
                  smysl nema, s vyjimkou sebe sama....

                  M.

                  Petr napsal(a):

                  > On je taky vzdycky problem se zaokrouhlovanim a co zakaznik "snese".
                  > Kdyz budu mit vetu "stineni ma mit tloustku 7 palcu" a prelozim "18 cm",
                  > tak se nekdy zasekne, ze to musi byt "17,78 cm".
                  > Petr
                • Radka
                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                    Hi,
                    I might be a bit late, but my client wants me to call this "život udržující přístroje" whether I like it or not, apparently that was an established term for them. So I guess you could add vyspělé to the front...

                    And was about to say that neobytné was meant to be nezbytné, then saw your other post.

                    Radka

                    --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Stanford" <charliestanfordtranslations@...> wrote:

                    > Hi there,
                    > I am just hoping to check whether something has been translated correctly into Czech - it does not seem right to me.... The English reads as follows:
                    >
                    > If a hypersensitivity reaction occurs the administration of the medicinal product must be interrupted immediately and - if necessary - an intravenous treatment initiated. As in case of emergency immediate action is required, ***advanced life support facilities*** including the respective medicinal products necessary for treatment should be readily available.
                    >
                    > V pøípadì výskytu hypersensitivní reakce je nutné okam¾itì pøeru¹it podávání léèivého pøípravku a v pøípadì potøeby zahájit intravenózní léèbu. Vzhledem k tomu, ¾e v naléhavých pøípadech je neobytný okam¾itý zásah, mìlo by být k dispozici ***vybavení pro první pomoc***, vèetnì pøíslu¹ných nezbytných léèiv.
                    >
                    > Can someone give me a suitable Czech term for "advanced life support facilities" please...
                    > TIA
                    > Charlie
                    >
                    > --
                    > Jsem chránìn bezplatným SPAMfighter pro soukromé u¾ivatele.
                    > A¾ doposud mì u¹etøil pøíjmu 8264 spam-emailù.
                    > Platící u¾ivatelé tuto zprávu ve svých e-mailech nedostavají.
                    > Stáhnìte si zadarmo SPAMfighter zde: www.spamfighter.com/lcs

                  • Sarka Rubkova
                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 2, 2009
                      U trubek se prece palce pouzivaly jiz pred valkou - to prece nemuzes
                      srovnavat.

                      sarka

                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 2, 2009
                        Neco jineho je pouziti u trubky nebo zavitu, kde se to bezne pouziva (a uz se ani neuvadi ze je to v palcich) a neco jineho pro bezny rozmer (tloustku) ve vete, kde ta informace ma slouzit k blizsimu urceni toho jak to ma vypadat, ja bych si teda musel vzit k ruce kalkulacku a Internet abych si presne vypocet/predstavil 1/8 palce, takze bych totez predpokladal o vetsine ostatnich CZ ctenaru a udelal bych jako prekladatel tu praci za ne a dal tam rovnou milimetry..