Re: [Czechlist] advanced life support facilities

    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
      no, that would be lahvicka Z kitU (from the kit..)

      it means vial with the kit (presumably inside or tacked onto it..)

      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
        By the way, my pharmaceutical customers always insisted on lahvicka,
        although ampulka is often used too.
        Honza

        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
          Urcite bych nechal trubku a zavity, a podle situace nechavam jehly a
          katetry. Ale nemyslim si, ze by palce mely nejaky smysl u tloustky
          oloveneho stineni. Proto jsem taky rikal "blindly" - co z je presne to,
          co spousta lidi dela.

          M.

          Petr napsal(a):

          > Ja bych asi taky nechal 1/8 palce jak to je. Mimochodem napadlo by
          > nekoho z vas prevadet ctvrpalcovou nebo pulpalcovou trubku na metricke
          > jednotky?
          > Petr A.
          > Martin Janda <mjanda@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > You would be surprised how many idiots blindly copy imperial units into
          > > Czech texts.... admittedly, some clients require that.
          > >
          > > the other M

        • Charlie Stanford
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
            Oops - the neobytny is my fault... It actually says nezbytny - again I OCRed
            it and spell-checked but it did not pick up certain things. Sorry
            translator....

            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
              OK, if we leave out the neobytny thing, we get hypersensitivni which is
              old-fashioned but not necessarily wrong. As to the many pripady, the
              wording is not realy nice but not an error again. I don't like the prvni
              pomoc either, but again, no typo included.

              To sum it up: an average translation, not nice but more or less
              acceptable. I've seen much worse....

              M.

              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                staci precitlively

                > OK, if we leave out the neobytny thing, we get hypersensitivni which is
                > old-fashioned but not necessarily wrong. As to the many pripady, the
                > wording is not realy nice but not an error again. I don't like the prvni
                > pomoc either, but again, no typo included.
                >
                > To sum it up: an average translation, not nice but more or less
                > acceptable. I've seen much worse....
                >
                > M.
                >

                > Charlie Stanford napsal(a):
                >> Oops - the neobytny is my fault... It actually says nezbytny - again I
                >> OCRed
                >> it and spell-checked but it did not pick up certain things. Sorry
                >> translator....

              • Petr
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                  On je taky vzdycky problem se zaokrouhlovanim a co zakaznik "snese". Kdyz budu mit vetu "stineni ma mit tloustku 7 palcu" a prelozim "18 cm", tak se nekdy zasekne, ze to musi byt "17,78 cm".
                  Petr
                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                    Ja vim - z toho pak padaji komicke vety typu "about one inch" -> "asi
                    2,54 cm". Blbost jde napric populaci - prekladatelu i klientu. S blbosti
                    vlastnich klientu ma smysl do urcite miry bojovat. U tech druhych to asi
                    smysl nema, s vyjimkou sebe sama....

                    M.

                    Petr napsal(a):

                    > On je taky vzdycky problem se zaokrouhlovanim a co zakaznik "snese".
                    > Kdyz budu mit vetu "stineni ma mit tloustku 7 palcu" a prelozim "18 cm",
                    > tak se nekdy zasekne, ze to musi byt "17,78 cm".
                    > Petr
                  • Radka
                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                      Hi,
                      I might be a bit late, but my client wants me to call this "život udržující přístroje" whether I like it or not, apparently that was an established term for them. So I guess you could add vyspělé to the front...

                      And was about to say that neobytné was meant to be nezbytné, then saw your other post.

                      Radka

                      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Stanford" <charliestanfordtranslations@...> wrote:

                      > Hi there,
                      > I am just hoping to check whether something has been translated correctly into Czech - it does not seem right to me.... The English reads as follows:
                      >
                      > If a hypersensitivity reaction occurs the administration of the medicinal product must be interrupted immediately and - if necessary - an intravenous treatment initiated. As in case of emergency immediate action is required, ***advanced life support facilities*** including the respective medicinal products necessary for treatment should be readily available.
                      >
                      > V pøípadì výskytu hypersensitivní reakce je nutné okam¾itì pøeru¹it podávání léèivého pøípravku a v pøípadì potøeby zahájit intravenózní léèbu. Vzhledem k tomu, ¾e v naléhavých pøípadech je neobytný okam¾itý zásah, mìlo by být k dispozici ***vybavení pro první pomoc***, vèetnì pøíslu¹ných nezbytných léèiv.
                      >
                      > Can someone give me a suitable Czech term for "advanced life support facilities" please...
                      > TIA
                      > Charlie
                      >
                      > --
                      > Jsem chránìn bezplatným SPAMfighter pro soukromé u¾ivatele.
                      > A¾ doposud mì u¹etøil pøíjmu 8264 spam-emailù.
                      > Platící u¾ivatelé tuto zprávu ve svých e-mailech nedostavají.
                      > Stáhnìte si zadarmo SPAMfighter zde: www.spamfighter.com/lcs

                    • Sarka Rubkova
                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 2, 2009
                        U trubek se prece palce pouzivaly jiz pred valkou - to prece nemuzes
                        srovnavat.

                        sarka

                        Message 11 of 25 , Oct 2, 2009
                          Neco jineho je pouziti u trubky nebo zavitu, kde se to bezne pouziva (a uz se ani neuvadi ze je to v palcich) a neco jineho pro bezny rozmer (tloustku) ve vete, kde ta informace ma slouzit k blizsimu urceni toho jak to ma vypadat, ja bych si teda musel vzit k ruce kalkulacku a Internet abych si presne vypocet/predstavil 1/8 palce, takze bych totez predpokladal o vetsine ostatnich CZ ctenaru a udelal bych jako prekladatel tu praci za ne a dal tam rovnou milimetry..