Re: [Czechlist] advanced life support facilities

    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
      Not sure about medical shorthand, but there surely is more than one
      typo/problem here:

      */V případě*/ výskytu hypersen*s*itivní reakce je nutné okamžitě přerušit
      podávání léčivého přípravku a */v případě*/ potřeby zahájit intravenózní
      léčbu. Vzhledem k tomu, že v naléhavých */případech*/ je ****neobytný****
      (even if the typo is corrected, the word neodbytny is not correct here)
      okamžitý zásah, mělo by být k dispozici ***vybavení pro první pomoc***,
      včetně příslušných nezbytných léčiv.

      Lahvičku s kitem umístěte do vhodného olověného stínění (minimální tloušťka
      stěny *****118***** palc*e*) s přiléhavým olověným uzávěrem.

      I agree about the kit bit though - thye meaning is so far removed that it
      couldn't be mistranslation, it's either called that in Czech, or it's
      simpler and more logical to say it this way than directly translate - but
      we're only guessing..

      Ok it's not that bad, maybe lazy rather than amateurish, but both these
      things "get me going" quickly as they are totally unnecessary

      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
        no, that would be lahvicka Z kitU (from the kit..)

        it means vial with the kit (presumably inside or tacked onto it..)

        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
          By the way, my pharmaceutical customers always insisted on lahvicka,
          although ampulka is often used too.
          Honza

          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
            Urcite bych nechal trubku a zavity, a podle situace nechavam jehly a
            katetry. Ale nemyslim si, ze by palce mely nejaky smysl u tloustky
            oloveneho stineni. Proto jsem taky rikal "blindly" - co z je presne to,
            co spousta lidi dela.

            M.

            Petr napsal(a):

            > Ja bych asi taky nechal 1/8 palce jak to je. Mimochodem napadlo by
            > nekoho z vas prevadet ctvrpalcovou nebo pulpalcovou trubku na metricke
            > jednotky?
            > Petr A.
            > Martin Janda <mjanda@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > You would be surprised how many idiots blindly copy imperial units into
            > > Czech texts.... admittedly, some clients require that.
            > >
            > > the other M

          • Charlie Stanford
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
              Thanks to all of you for that input. No, I am not editing the Czech - I
              wouldn't dare! It is just that the Czech is clearly a translation from
              English (a UK product) and I have the English in front of me, so I assume
              that they just want it as a backtranslation to check that the Czech is
              accurate.

              I was checking for the Czech term for reaction vial and there seemed to be
              very little mention on the Internet of reakcni lahvicky - just 3 hits. Found
              reakcni nadobky used to refer to reaction vials in
              http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:32008R0273:CS:NOT
              but perhaps trying to check the right term to use on the basis of an EU
              translation is a bit daft.

              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                Oops - the neobytny is my fault... It actually says nezbytny - again I OCRed
                it and spell-checked but it did not pick up certain things. Sorry
                translator....

                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                  OK, if we leave out the neobytny thing, we get hypersensitivni which is
                  old-fashioned but not necessarily wrong. As to the many pripady, the
                  wording is not realy nice but not an error again. I don't like the prvni
                  pomoc either, but again, no typo included.

                  To sum it up: an average translation, not nice but more or less
                  acceptable. I've seen much worse....

                  M.

                • Jan Culka
                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                    staci precitlively

                    > OK, if we leave out the neobytny thing, we get hypersensitivni which is
                    > old-fashioned but not necessarily wrong. As to the many pripady, the
                    > wording is not realy nice but not an error again. I don't like the prvni
                    > pomoc either, but again, no typo included.
                    >
                    > To sum it up: an average translation, not nice but more or less
                    > acceptable. I've seen much worse....
                    >
                    > M.
                    >

                    > Charlie Stanford napsal(a):
                    >> Oops - the neobytny is my fault... It actually says nezbytny - again I
                    >> OCRed
                    >> it and spell-checked but it did not pick up certain things. Sorry
                    >> translator....

                  • Petr
                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                      On je taky vzdycky problem se zaokrouhlovanim a co zakaznik "snese". Kdyz budu mit vetu "stineni ma mit tloustku 7 palcu" a prelozim "18 cm", tak se nekdy zasekne, ze to musi byt "17,78 cm".
                      Petr
                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                        Ja vim - z toho pak padaji komicke vety typu "about one inch" -> "asi
                        2,54 cm". Blbost jde napric populaci - prekladatelu i klientu. S blbosti
                        vlastnich klientu ma smysl do urcite miry bojovat. U tech druhych to asi
                        smysl nema, s vyjimkou sebe sama....

                        M.

                        Petr napsal(a):

                        > On je taky vzdycky problem se zaokrouhlovanim a co zakaznik "snese".
                        > Kdyz budu mit vetu "stineni ma mit tloustku 7 palcu" a prelozim "18 cm",
                        > tak se nekdy zasekne, ze to musi byt "17,78 cm".
                        > Petr
                      • Radka
                        Message 11 of 25 , Oct 1, 2009
                          Hi,
                          I might be a bit late, but my client wants me to call this "život udržující přístroje" whether I like it or not, apparently that was an established term for them. So I guess you could add vyspělé to the front...

                          And was about to say that neobytné was meant to be nezbytné, then saw your other post.

                          Radka

                          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Stanford" <charliestanfordtranslations@...> wrote:

                          > Hi there,
                          > I am just hoping to check whether something has been translated correctly into Czech - it does not seem right to me.... The English reads as follows:
                          >
                          > If a hypersensitivity reaction occurs the administration of the medicinal product must be interrupted immediately and - if necessary - an intravenous treatment initiated. As in case of emergency immediate action is required, ***advanced life support facilities*** including the respective medicinal products necessary for treatment should be readily available.
                          >
                          > V pøípadì výskytu hypersensitivní reakce je nutné okam¾itì pøeru¹it podávání léèivého pøípravku a v pøípadì potøeby zahájit intravenózní léèbu. Vzhledem k tomu, ¾e v naléhavých pøípadech je neobytný okam¾itý zásah, mìlo by být k dispozici ***vybavení pro první pomoc***, vèetnì pøíslu¹ných nezbytných léèiv.
                          >
                          > Can someone give me a suitable Czech term for "advanced life support facilities" please...
                          > TIA
                          > Charlie
                          >
                          > --
                          > Jsem chránìn bezplatným SPAMfighter pro soukromé u¾ivatele.
                          > A¾ doposud mì u¹etøil pøíjmu 8264 spam-emailù.
                          > Platící u¾ivatelé tuto zprávu ve svých e-mailech nedostavají.
                          > Stáhnìte si zadarmo SPAMfighter zde: www.spamfighter.com/lcs

                        • Sarka Rubkova
                          Message 12 of 25 , Oct 2, 2009
                            U trubek se prece palce pouzivaly jiz pred valkou - to prece nemuzes
                            srovnavat.

                            sarka

                            Message 13 of 25 , Oct 2, 2009
                              Neco jineho je pouziti u trubky nebo zavitu, kde se to bezne pouziva (a uz se ani neuvadi ze je to v palcich) a neco jineho pro bezny rozmer (tloustku) ve vete, kde ta informace ma slouzit k blizsimu urceni toho jak to ma vypadat, ja bych si teda musel vzit k ruce kalkulacku a Internet abych si presne vypocet/predstavil 1/8 palce, takze bych totez predpokladal o vetsine ostatnich CZ ctenaru a udelal bych jako prekladatel tu praci za ne a dal tam rovnou milimetry..