Re: [Czechlist] help ces-eng weapons and motorbikes

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 15 5:05 PM
      I see that the use of gymkhana to refer to a car activity is in the
      zygotic stage in the UK, and for now they are calling it "car gymkhana".

      http://www.fastcar.co.uk/04570735437209973831/car-gymkhana-the-coolest-thing-ever.html

      I think the difference probably stems from the fact that in the US
      everybody has a car, but not many people are upper-crust enough to
      provide ponies to their children. This also why young swains here
      drag race in the street rather than playing polo.

      Jamie