Re: [Czechlist] Customer fulfilment manager - revisited

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
      Depends on what the company is about. I can imaging - IT company guys in
      particular - insisting on "manazer fulfilmentu". If it's a small firm
      though, the department might cover both fulfilment and customer care.

      Are we talking about one of these, or will you share a bit of context
      about the company and what the department is to do?

      Martin

      Jaroslav Hejzlar napsal(a):

      > Hi again,
      > do you think that "vedouci oddeleni sluzeb zakaznikum" would do here?
      > Jarda
    • Jaroslav Hejzlar
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
        Ahoj,
        it is a company trading in outdoor goods through a network of sales representatives, each being in charge of a bunch of retailers. There is no more context, I am afraid.
        S pozdravem,
        Jarda

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
          Hmm, hard to say - if you can't leave the title in English (yes, that
          works in a number of int'l companies even if based in Prague) I would
          probably try to go with something like manazer zakaznickych sluzeb
          (fulfilmentu) to cover my a**. Caution: not every manager is a head of
          a department.

          HTH
          Martin

          Jaroslav Hejzlar napsal(a):

          > Ahoj,
          > it is a company trading in outdoor goods through a network of sales
          > representatives, each being in charge of a bunch of retailers. There is
          > no more context, I am afraid.
          > S pozdravem,
          > Jarda

        • Elena Cuyen-Butterworth
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
            Dear Jarda,

            According to what I've found on the internet under the heading "customer fulfilment manager", "Your
            job: manage the overall customer satisfaction in order to improve
            customer loyalty and facilitate upgrades sales" I feel it's something like a cross between a "customer service manager" and a "sales person".

            Kind regards,
            Elena

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
              Tak dobre, diky, Martine, ja to nejak zasmoulim podle tveho navrhu :-))
              Mej se fajn,

              Jaroslav Hejzlar napsal(a):

              > Ahoj,
              > it is a company trading in outdoor goods through a network of sales
              > representatives, each being in charge of a bunch of retailers. There is
              > no more context, I am afraid.
              > S pozdravem,
              > Jarda

            • Jaroslav Hejzlar
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
                Dear Elena,
                thanks a lot for your help. Since the text is not primarily about the company (in fact it is a part of a SW tutorial and the company is completely virtual) I decided to use Martin's suggestion, but it is useful to know anyway.
                Have a nice day,

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
                  Well, if the company is completely virtual, and if the manager's
                  function is not to be discussed later, no one will care whatever you
                  call the guy... you can make him a HR Manager or CIO too.

                  (And this is also the context you have better to share with us first. ;-))

                  Martin

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
                    Be careful, because in English the term "fulfillment" is often used to
                    mean "shipping" or "dispatching", so a "fulfillment department" or a
                    "fulfillment house" receives the orders, assembles the goods ordered,
                    packages them and sends them.

                    So a "customer fulfillment manager" is very likely a person who
                    manages the receipt of customer orders, their preparation and
                    shipping. He wouldn't really be a salesman, and if his main job were
                    customer satisfaction, the term "customer satisfaction" would likely
                    be in his title.

                    Jamie

                    On Sep 7, 2009, at 5:05 AM, Jaroslav Hejzlar wrote:

                    > Dear Elena,
                    > thanks a lot for your help. Since the text is not primarily about
                    > the company (in fact it is a part of a SW tutorial and the company
                    > is completely virtual) I decided to use Martin's suggestion, but it
                    > is useful to know anyway.
                    > Have a nice day,
                    > Jarda

                  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
                      Hi, Jamie!
                      Thanks a lot for your input. So do you think it could be just "vedouci expedice" or something like that in Czech?

                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
                        I think that's probably what he is. He definitely has to do with
                        "expedice", probably combined with order taking.

                        Jamie

                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 7, 2009
                          Yep - it's not just the guy in the warehouse, there is the customer
                          interaction part. In Microsoft for instance, the Fulfillment Dpt
                          distributes installation CDs and similar stuff for their corporate
                          customers, as a part of a long-term contract. Small and targeted
                          deliveries. (That's why they call this - even in Czech - fulfilment.)
                          And then they probably have a standard vedouci expedice who takes care
                          of the warehouse and mass scale stuff, like boxed (retail) products.

                          But as I said, all of this is not much important if you have just a mock
                          up name and title.

                          Martin