RE: [Czechlist] Help CES-ENG

  • Ing. Jiri Klima
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2009
      Heleno,

      I am not a native speaker but I would use "to apply the software".

      Jirka

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
        For software, I second "implementation".

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com,

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
          Martin's DEPLOYMENT is definitely better than implementation here "will be deployed in several phases" is just the right thing to say,,, Google around and you'll see

          You can also commission SW, but the sentence you gave us suggests it's not commissioning.

          For software, I second "implementation".

          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com,
          > Subrtova Helena napsal(a):
          > >

          > > Hello, Is there any English expression for "nasazovani software"?
          > > Thanks. Helena

        • Josef Hlavac
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
            I second "deployment".

            Josef

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
              Software deployment (Google: 309,000) if the software is being
              installed and put to use for first time at a company. This could be a
              long process. Wikipedia says, "Software deployment is all of the
              activities that make a software system available for use."

              Software implementation (Google: 703,000) if the software is creating
              the software according to specification. One school's "key terms"
              document defines this as "process of building a program according to
              the specifications produced during the software design phase."

              "Apply the software" if someone is using the software for some purpose.

              Jamie