RE: [Czechlist] Help CES-ENG

  • Ing. Jiri Klima
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2009
      Heleno,

      I am not a native speaker but I would use "to apply the software".

      Jirka

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
        It is for a repository on the internet. It says: moznost nasazovani SW ve vice etapach. Helena

      • Ing. Pavel Stančík
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
          Hello,

          I think it is an IMPLEMENTATION.
          Pavel

          It is for a repository on the internet. It says: moznost nasazovani SW
          ve vice etapach. Helena

          > -------- P�vodn� zpr�va --------
          > Od: Mgr. Helena �ubrtov� HSubrtova@seznam.
          <mailto:HSubrtova%40seznam.cz> cz
          > P�edm�t: Re: [Czechlist] Help CES-ENG
          > Datum: 20090805T08:22:50-0000
          > ------------------------------
          > How about software deployment?
          >
          > HTH
          > Martin
          >
          > Subrtova Helena napsal(a):
          > >

          > > Hello, Is there any English expression for "nasazovani software"?
          > > Thanks. Helena

        • Beata Rodlingova
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
            For software, I second "implementation".

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com,

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
              Martin's DEPLOYMENT is definitely better than implementation here "will be deployed in several phases" is just the right thing to say,,, Google around and you'll see

              You can also commission SW, but the sentence you gave us suggests it's not commissioning.

              For software, I second "implementation".

              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com,
              > Subrtova Helena napsal(a):
              > >

              > > Hello, Is there any English expression for "nasazovani software"?
              > > Thanks. Helena

            • Josef Hlavac
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
                I second "deployment".

                Josef

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
                  Software deployment (Google: 309,000) if the software is being
                  installed and put to use for first time at a company. This could be a
                  long process. Wikipedia says, "Software deployment is all of the
                  activities that make a software system available for use."

                  Software implementation (Google: 703,000) if the software is creating
                  the software according to specification. One school's "key terms"
                  document defines this as "process of building a program according to
                  the specifications produced during the software design phase."

                  "Apply the software" if someone is using the software for some purpose.

                  Jamie