Re: [Czechlist] Revisited: Google Translate

  • Jennifer Hejtmankova
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2009
      Google translate often comes up with some real doozies, though - for
      example yesterday I plugged in an article in Czech about women's
      hockey, and for some truly unknown reason, in one sentence, it
      translated "hockey" as "suicide"!!! Needless to say, I did burst out
      laughing...definitely take all Google translations with a grain of
      salt, but I agree, it can be a useful tool.

      Jen

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2009
        You might also like a Firefox add-on that I use, called Inline
        Translator:

        You highlight text on a web page, and it comes up as floating text
        above it. Before I tried it, I thought it would be junk, but it does
        a passable job of translating every language I've tried.

        Jamie