Help CES-ENG

  • Subrtova Helena
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hello, Is there any English expression for "nasazovani software"? Thanks. Helena
    • Ing. Jiri Klima
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 4, 2009
        Heleno,

        I am not a native speaker but I would use "to apply the software".

        Jirka

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 4, 2009
          How about software deployment?

          HTH
          Martin

          Subrtova Helena napsal(a):

          > Hello, Is there any English expression for "nasazovani software"?
          > Thanks. Helena

        • Subrtova Helena
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
            It is for a repository on the internet. It says: moznost nasazovani SW ve vice etapach. Helena

          • Ing. Pavel Stančík
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
              Hello,

              I think it is an IMPLEMENTATION.
              Pavel

              It is for a repository on the internet. It says: moznost nasazovani SW
              ve vice etapach. Helena

              > -------- P�vodn� zpr�va --------
              > Od: Mgr. Helena �ubrtov� HSubrtova@seznam.
              <mailto:HSubrtova%40seznam.cz> cz
              > P�edm�t: Re: [Czechlist] Help CES-ENG
              > Datum: 20090805T08:22:50-0000
              > ------------------------------
              > How about software deployment?
              >
              > HTH
              > Martin
              >
              > Subrtova Helena napsal(a):
              > >

              > > Hello, Is there any English expression for "nasazovani software"?
              > > Thanks. Helena

            • Beata Rodlingova
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
                For software, I second "implementation".

                --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com,

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
                  Martin's DEPLOYMENT is definitely better than implementation here "will be deployed in several phases" is just the right thing to say,,, Google around and you'll see

                  You can also commission SW, but the sentence you gave us suggests it's not commissioning.

                  For software, I second "implementation".

                  --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com,
                  > Subrtova Helena napsal(a):
                  > >

                  > > Hello, Is there any English expression for "nasazovani software"?
                  > > Thanks. Helena

                • Josef Hlavac
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
                    I second "deployment".

                    Josef

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
                      Software deployment (Google: 309,000) if the software is being
                      installed and put to use for first time at a company. This could be a
                      long process. Wikipedia says, "Software deployment is all of the
                      activities that make a software system available for use."

                      Software implementation (Google: 703,000) if the software is creating
                      the software according to specification. One school's "key terms"
                      document defines this as "process of building a program according to
                      the specifications produced during the software design phase."

                      "Apply the software" if someone is using the software for some purpose.

                      Jamie