Re: [Czechlist] HELP! - complicated sentence

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
      According to the provisions of this Agreement, the Convention's
      provisions will be understood to apply to the European Community. The
      terms used in the Convention that designate the parties signing the
      Convention (and anyone representing them) will likewise be understood
      as parties governed by the Convention that applies to the European
      Community.

      Jamie

      On Aug 2, 2009, at 3:44 PM, Jaroslav Hejzlar wrote:

      > "Subject to the provisions of this Agreement, provisions in the
      > Convention shall be so interpreted as also to include the European
      > Community, within the framework of its competence, and the various
      > terms used to designate the Contracting Parties to the Convention
      > and their representatives are to be understood accordingly."

    • Jaroslav Hejzlar
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
        Thank you, Jamie!
        You have confirmed that I have eventually understood it well :-))
        Regards,
        Jarda