Re: [Czechlist] Professor as title

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
      The best US style guide -- which no one ever discusses or demands --
      is The Gregg Reference Manual. The Chicago Manual of Style and some
      others leave a lot of questions unanswered, but in years of editing at
      publishers and advertising agencies, I have never seen anyone come up
      with an issue that the Gregg manual didn't resolve.

      I don't think the AP guide is of much use either. In my opinion, one
      is best working with the Gregg manual and a pair of good dictionaries.

      Jamie

      On Aug 2, 2009, at 3:12 PM, Michael Trittipo wrote:

      > As for style guides, I don't think one often goes wrong with the
      > Chicago
      > Manual of Style on the U.S. side of the Atlantic. I dislike the
      > Associated Press guide myself. I don't have personal experience with
      > the Oxford or Cambridge guides from the U.K.

    • Jennifer Hejtmankova
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2009
        Thanks Jamie, I'll look into it!

        Thanks, too, Michael, for your input.