Horrible (maybe) sentence

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2009
      I can't be sure I'm understanding the second half of this sentence
      correctly. Somebody is trimming the edges of printed folios, and I
      don't want him to get his hands cut off.

      "Obsluha věnuje zvýšenou pozornost správnému nakládání papíru
      pred samotnym rezem, tzn. aby vsechny rezané archy byly nalozeny jen
      jednou stranou, přitom tisková nakládací hrana je vzdy dorazovou
      hranou o levou stranu sedla rezacky a dalsí rezy se provádejí po
      smeru hodinových rucicek."

      It's the part with the arrows I don't get. While the printed arrow bla
      bla bla bla bla and subsequent cuts are made in a clockwise manner.

      Any suggestions?

      Thank you.

      Jamie
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2009
        I think I have a picture of this in my mind, but I don't know the
        terms for parts of a trimmer. Is this one of those old-fashioned paper
        trimmers with a blade attached to a lever arm, ideal for severing
        thumbs?

        I'm reading "tisková nakládací hrana" as the edge of the paper that is
        the leading edge when feeding into a printer. Line this edge against
        the stop (i.e. make it the dorazová hrana) at the left side of the
        sedlo (platform??). Not sure about the orientation here -- I'd
        normally use the trimmer with the fulcrum at the far side of the
        trimmer from my body and the blade handle pointing toward me. Could
        there be a movable guide parallel to the blade on the left side of the
        trimmer? Then make the other cuts in a clockwise direction (which I
        guess means turn the paper a quarter-turn counterclockwise -- or
        clockwise? -- for each cut).

        I don't see anything about arrows.

        HTH,
        Michael

        On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 6:50 PM, James Kirchner<jpklists@...> wrote:

        > I can't be sure I'm understanding the second half of this sentence
        > correctly. Somebody is trimming the edges of printed folios, and I
        > don't want him to get his hands cut off.
        >
        > "Obsluha věnuje zvýšenou pozornost správnému nakládání papíru
        > pred samotnym rezem, tzn. aby vsechny rezané archy byly nalozeny jen
        > jednou stranou, přitom tisková nakládací hrana je vzdy dorazovou
        > hranou o levou stranu sedla rezacky a dalsí rezy se provádejí po
        > smeru hodinových rucicek."
        >
        > It's the part with the arrows I don't get. While the printed arrow bla
        > bla bla bla bla and subsequent cuts are made in a clockwise manner.
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > Thank you.

        You have to be happy with what you have to be happy with what you have
        to be happy with.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2009
          Thanks, Michael. Hrana has a lot of meanings. I can picture exactly
          what they're doing also, because I worked in a bindery, but I guess
          the word "hrana" was mixing me up.

          You've helped me a lot.

          Jamie