"priznani"

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
      In the US we call our "priznani" for income taxes a "tax return". I
      doubt this is what the rest of the English-speaking world calls it.
      Could someone please tell me what it's called in the UK?

      Thank you.

      Jamie
    • Mike Trittipo
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
        On Jul 14 2009, James Kirchner wrote:
        >In the US we call our "priznani" for income taxes a "tax return". I
        >doubt this is what the rest of the English-speaking world calls it.
        >Could someone please tell me what it's called in the UK?

        From personal knowledge I can't say. But see

        http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/index.htm

        (about as authoritative as one could want) and see also

        http://search.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/inldrev/inldrev/search.lsim?sr=0&nh=20&cs=iso-8859-1&sc=ir&ha=7&mt=0&qt=tax+return

        (tinied as http://tinyurl.com/newxaq which won't break).
      • Simon Vollam
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009

          > In the US we call our "priznani" for income taxes a "tax return". I
          > doubt this is what the rest of the English-speaking world calls it.
          > Could someone please tell me what it's called in the UK?

          It's called a "tax return" :-)

          Which gives me an excuse to post the following, somewhat irrelevant, link:
          http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2003/sep/27/tax.jobsandmoney

          Simon
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
            Thanks, you guys. Who woulda thunk it!

            Jamie

            On Jul 14, 2009, at 10:14 AM, Simon Vollam wrote:

            > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > In the US we call our "priznani" for income taxes a "tax return". I
            > > doubt this is what the rest of the English-speaking world calls it.
            > > Could someone please tell me what it's called in the UK?
            >
            > It's called a "tax return" :-)
            >
            > Which gives me an excuse to post the following, somewhat irrelevant,
            > link:
            > http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2003/sep/27/tax.jobsandmoney
            >
            > Simon

          • Michael
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Vollam" <vollams@...> wrote:
              > Which gives me an excuse to post the following, somewhat irrelevant, link:
              > http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2003/sep/27/tax.jobsandmoney

              Not a bad example of understatement. :-)
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
                I've got a document about printing bids here, and I can't find the
                word "predrylovani" anywhere, or even "rylovat", not even in the SSJC.

                Here is the context:

                "U zakázek s neznámou grafikou je nutné, aby se do ceny zapocítalo i
                predrylování lomu u skládacek."

                Any help?

                Thanks.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
                  Hi Jamie,

                  I believe it's jargon using the English word "drill" with Czech prefix pre-
                  (not pred+rylovat) and Czech spelling = re-drill. I'm not really sure what
                  process is involved though...

                  17:57:00

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
                    Never heard the term itself, but it refers to preparing future folds of a folded printed document, typically a marketing brochure.. it's done by dragging a blunt object across the folding line, sure you'll be able to find the correct ENG term somewhere

                    The thing is delivered unfolded, but with all folds prepared in this way so it's easy to fold them.. that's why it's PREDrylovani, you can also pay more and get your brochures folded and stacked, alth' I think the process is the same, with some sort of mechanical folding thing at the end..

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
                      Cant this be predryhovani - i.e. making a kind of groove (ryha)?
                      Alena

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
                        I think I can get away with the term "preperforated", since it somehow
                        covers both folding and drilling. Of course, if it's not drilling,
                        but what Matej described, it would be "prescored".

                        Thanks, Matej and Jirka.

                        Jamie

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
                          That's two votes for scoring, then.

                          Thank you, Alena.

                          Jamie

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
                            When something is a skladacka in printing, it's folded, and there's no drilling or perforation.. perforations are used for tear-away things, not folding

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
                              Well, having worked in a print production department, I know that
                              scoring is a type of perforation, and you can use the latter word when
                              you're not sure what's going to happen. :-)

                              Jamie

                              On Jul 14, 2009, at 12:59 PM, Matej Klimes wrote:

                              > When something is a skladacka in printing, it's folded, and there's
                              > no drilling or perforation.. perforations are used for tear-away
                              > things, not folding

                            • Josef Hlavac
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
                                According to Google, "rylovaci' (nastroj, zpravidla kolecko)" as well as
                                "rylova'ni'" seem to be perfectly valid Czech terms. I don't know any
                                more details about the process or the tool, though.

                                Josef