Re: [Czechlist] Cz>Eng patent related horror

  • Charlie Stanford
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2009
      Thanks Matej. I posted "vyznak" on Proz as well and someone called Pavel
      Prudky (who I don't think is on this forum) suggested "feature" and provided
      a useful link so I think he must be right. It does not crop up in any
      dictionary I have got and I think you are right about it being purely
      patent-related. Pleased to hear that the rest of the sentence sounded a bit
      obscure to you too.
      Charlie

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2009
        Hi Charlie,

        "vyznak" means feature or characteristic that distinguishes a design from
        others (close to "znak"). My understanding of the entire sentence is that an
        initial patent application formulates the method in the equipment category
        [?], which is shoe's (or whatever "patka" is) process position varying in
        time, that was (earlier) criticized [by the patent authority] and it hasn't
        been changed [by the applicant].

        Hope I haven't confused you even more...

        Jirka Bolech
      • spektrum2002
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 10, 2009
          Za prve vim, ze uz je pozde, a za druhe se to mozna netyka veci, ale ceska fomulace patentoveho naroku ma casto formu "XXX vyznacene tim, ze YYY", kde XXX je to, co je zname, a YYY je to nove, co se patentuje. Napriklad "zpusob destilace kyseliny sirove *vyznaceny tim*, ze se provadi ve vakuu". Tj. destilace kyseliny neni nic noveho, ale to, ze se provadi ve vakuu, je ten patent. Tak si myslim, jestli tim nemysleli, ze to "vyznaceno tim, ze" nebylo na nespravnem miste v tom patentovam naroku.
          Petr Adamek