Re: [Czechlist] Cz>Eng patent related horror

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2009
      It does sound extremely obscured, Charlie, especially when one doesn't know
      anything about the invention (looks like one of those self-proclaimed genius
      things that no one else cares about but the author:)

      I was going to suggest that vyznak could be a typo for vyznaM, that would
      give the sentence sort of a meaning, but I see in Google that vyznaK is a
      specific patent-related term, sounds like bullet, point, paragraph or
      something like that, but never heard it before and not an expert..

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2009
        Thanks Matej. I posted "vyznak" on Proz as well and someone called Pavel
        Prudky (who I don't think is on this forum) suggested "feature" and provided
        a useful link so I think he must be right. It does not crop up in any
        dictionary I have got and I think you are right about it being purely
        patent-related. Pleased to hear that the rest of the sentence sounded a bit
        obscure to you too.
        Charlie

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2009
          Hi Charlie,

          "vyznak" means feature or characteristic that distinguishes a design from
          others (close to "znak"). My understanding of the entire sentence is that an
          initial patent application formulates the method in the equipment category
          [?], which is shoe's (or whatever "patka" is) process position varying in
          time, that was (earlier) criticized [by the patent authority] and it hasn't
          been changed [by the applicant].

          Hope I haven't confused you even more...

          Jirka Bolech
        • spektrum2002
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 10, 2009
            Za prve vim, ze uz je pozde, a za druhe se to mozna netyka veci, ale ceska fomulace patentoveho naroku ma casto formu "XXX vyznacene tim, ze YYY", kde XXX je to, co je zname, a YYY je to nove, co se patentuje. Napriklad "zpusob destilace kyseliny sirove *vyznaceny tim*, ze se provadi ve vakuu". Tj. destilace kyseliny neni nic noveho, ale to, ze se provadi ve vakuu, je ten patent. Tak si myslim, jestli tim nemysleli, ze to "vyznaceno tim, ze" nebylo na nespravnem miste v tom patentovam naroku.
            Petr Adamek