Re: [Czechlist] plech s prolisem

  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 11, 2009
      Well, I think Jamie has hit the nail on the head here: it definitely must be perforated, otherwise there is no point of mentioning it in the sentence describing ventilation.
      Best regards,
      Jarda

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 11, 2009
        To je úder na hlavicku hrebíku - prolis sice na perforaci nevypadá, ale k cemu by byla vnitrní strana prodysná, kdyby byla vnejsí neprodysná?
        Honza

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 11, 2009
          I think they're talking about something like this but made of steel:

          http://www.worldofbrass.co.uk/shop/images/thumbs/t_ven654.jpg

          It's a stamped ventilation plate.

          Thanks to everybody who helped me work this through.

          Jamie

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 11, 2009
            Sorry, I was not clear enough: 's prolisem' means 'embossed'. But of
            course, some plechy might be both perforovane AND s prolisem.

            Martin

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 11, 2009
              Thanks, Martin.

              I think that in this case the best translation for "s prolisem" is
              "stamped". The ventilator is created on a stamp press.

              Jamie