Re: [Czechlist] help CES-ENG IT udrzitelnost databaze

  • Josef Hlavac
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2009
      Seconded, that is most likely the intended meaning.

      Josef

      James Kirchner wrote:
      > Probably "database maintainability".
      >
      > http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=%22database+maintainability%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
      >
      > Jamie
      >
      > On May 31, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Helena Subrtova wrote:
      >

      >> Hello,
      >> I need help with
      >> "undrzitelnost databaze"
      >>
      >> Jednoznacne vsak plati, ze pri importu zaznamu budou ponechany
      >> *lokalni
      >> identifikatory* z duvodu zpetne kompatibility s lokalnimi ulozisti.
      >> Pro organizaci, trvalou udrzitelnost vlastni databaze a zahranicni
      >> spolupraci budou zaznamum prideleny jedinecné NRGL identifikatory.
      >>
      >> NRGL = National Repository of Grey Literature
      >>
      >> http://nusl.stk.cz
      >>

      >> Thanks,
      >>
      >> Helena

    • Vesely Petr
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
        Hi everybody,

        does anybody know an apt phrase for the above term? I know what it means but I wonder whether there is an equivalent in English or a long, long circumlocution is necessary.

        Petr

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
          Google translations, which are not always reliable, but are reliable
          more often that people think, gives "Secondary insolvency" for this
          term. I have heard the term before, and it gets a few search hits,
          mainly in the UK.

          Jamie

          On Jun 5, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Vesely Petr wrote:

          > Hi everybody,
          >
          > does anybody know an apt phrase for the above term? I know what it
          > means but I wonder whether there is an equivalent in English or a
          > long, long circumlocution is necessary.
          >
          > Petr

        • Vesely Petr
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
            Oh.....so ashamed.....that must be the Friday.....usually not that bad at googling :-)

            Thanks a lot, Jamie

            Google translations, which are not always reliable, but are reliable
            more often that people think, gives "Secondary insolvency" for this
            term. I have heard the term before, and it gets a few search hits,
            mainly in the UK.

            Jamie

            On Jun 5, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Vesely Petr wrote:

            > Hi everybody,
            >
            > does anybody know an apt phrase for the above term? I know what it
            > means but I wonder whether there is an equivalent in English or a
            > long, long circumlocution is necessary.
            >
            > Petr

          • Liz Spacilova
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
              Now Petr, if you had joined us in Holesovice last night you would not have needed to ask ... this was one of our many topics of discussion :)

              Liz

              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Vesely Petr" <vesely.email@...> wrote:

              > Oh.....so ashamed.....that must be the Friday.....usually not that bad at googling :-)
              >
              > Thanks a lot, Jamie

            • Vesely Petr
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
                Oh....so ashamed....but I do have an excuse this time, you know it's a long way to the 100Spire Mother from here, the farthest outpost in the south-east where we bravely guard the border against all kinds of danger from the east and south, be day or night (now, thinking of it, I'm from the east and south either, in your eyes, hmm, a bit of a paradox).

                Petr

                Now Petr, if you had joined us in Holesovice last night you would not have needed to ask ... this was one of our many topics of discussion :)

                Liz

                --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Vesely Petr" <vesely.email@...> wrote:

                > Oh.....so ashamed.....that must be the Friday.....usually not that bad at googling :-)
                >
                > Thanks a lot, Jamie

              • Vesely Petr
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
                  It's really not my day today, of course, I should have used "too" and not "either", better stop working and responding...and go to vote, or should I rather leave it for tomorrow...

                  Petr

                  Oh....so ashamed....but I do have an excuse this time, you know it's a long way to the 100Spire Mother from here, the farthest outpost in the south-east where we bravely guard the border against all kinds of danger from the east and south, be day or night (now, thinking of it, I'm from the east and south either, in your eyes, hmm, a bit of a paradox).

                  Petr

                  Now Petr, if you had joined us in Holesovice last night you would not have needed to ask ... this was one of our many topics of discussion :)

                  Liz

                  --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Vesely Petr" <vesely.email@...> wrote:

                  > Oh.....so ashamed.....that must be the Friday.....usually not that bad at googling :-)
                  >
                  > Thanks a lot, Jamie

                • Liz Spacilova
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
                    Tomorrow never knows :)