help CES-ENG IT udrzitelnost databaze

  • Helena Subrtova
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31 10:39 AM
      Hello,
      I need help with
      "undrzitelnost databaze"

      Jednoznacne vsak plati, ze pri importu zaznamu budou ponechany *lokalni
      identifikatory* z duvodu zpetne kompatibility s lokalnimi ulozisti.
      Pro organizaci, trvalou udrzitelnost vlastni databaze a zahranicni
      spolupraci budou zaznamum prideleny jedinecn� NRGL identifikatory.

      NRGL = National Repository of Grey Literature

      http://nusl.stk.cz

      Thanks,

      Helena

      Message 2 of 10 , May 31 11:20 AM
        Probably "database maintainability".

        http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=%22database+maintainability%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

        Jamie

        On May 31, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Helena Subrtova wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I need help with
        > "undrzitelnost databaze"
        >
        > Jednoznacne vsak plati, ze pri importu zaznamu budou ponechany
        > *lokalni
        > identifikatory* z duvodu zpetne kompatibility s lokalnimi ulozisti.
        > Pro organizaci, trvalou udrzitelnost vlastni databaze a zahranicni
        > spolupraci budou zaznamum prideleny jedinecné NRGL identifikatory.
        >
        > NRGL = National Repository of Grey Literature
        >
        > http://nusl.stk.cz
        >

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Helena

      • Josef Hlavac
        Message 3 of 10 , May 31 11:23 AM
          Seconded, that is most likely the intended meaning.

          Josef

          James Kirchner wrote:
          > Probably "database maintainability".
          >
          > http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=%22database+maintainability%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
          >
          > Jamie
          >
          > On May 31, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Helena Subrtova wrote:
          >

          >> Hello,
          >> I need help with
          >> "undrzitelnost databaze"
          >>
          >> Jednoznacne vsak plati, ze pri importu zaznamu budou ponechany
          >> *lokalni
          >> identifikatory* z duvodu zpetne kompatibility s lokalnimi ulozisti.
          >> Pro organizaci, trvalou udrzitelnost vlastni databaze a zahranicni
          >> spolupraci budou zaznamum prideleny jedinecné NRGL identifikatory.
          >>
          >> NRGL = National Repository of Grey Literature
          >>
          >> http://nusl.stk.cz
          >>

          >> Thanks,
          >>
          >> Helena

        • Vesely Petr
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
            Hi everybody,

            does anybody know an apt phrase for the above term? I know what it means but I wonder whether there is an equivalent in English or a long, long circumlocution is necessary.

            Petr

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
              Google translations, which are not always reliable, but are reliable
              more often that people think, gives "Secondary insolvency" for this
              term. I have heard the term before, and it gets a few search hits,
              mainly in the UK.

              Jamie

              On Jun 5, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Vesely Petr wrote:

              > Hi everybody,
              >
              > does anybody know an apt phrase for the above term? I know what it
              > means but I wonder whether there is an equivalent in English or a
              > long, long circumlocution is necessary.
              >
              > Petr

            • Vesely Petr
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
                Oh.....so ashamed.....that must be the Friday.....usually not that bad at googling :-)

                Thanks a lot, Jamie

                Google translations, which are not always reliable, but are reliable
                more often that people think, gives "Secondary insolvency" for this
                term. I have heard the term before, and it gets a few search hits,
                mainly in the UK.

                Jamie

                On Jun 5, 2009, at 7:24 AM, Vesely Petr wrote:

                > Hi everybody,
                >
                > does anybody know an apt phrase for the above term? I know what it
                > means but I wonder whether there is an equivalent in English or a
                > long, long circumlocution is necessary.
                >
                > Petr

              • Liz Spacilova
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
                  Now Petr, if you had joined us in Holesovice last night you would not have needed to ask ... this was one of our many topics of discussion :)

                  Liz

                  --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Vesely Petr" <vesely.email@...> wrote:

                  > Oh.....so ashamed.....that must be the Friday.....usually not that bad at googling :-)
                  >
                  > Thanks a lot, Jamie

                • Vesely Petr
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
                    Oh....so ashamed....but I do have an excuse this time, you know it's a long way to the 100Spire Mother from here, the farthest outpost in the south-east where we bravely guard the border against all kinds of danger from the east and south, be day or night (now, thinking of it, I'm from the east and south either, in your eyes, hmm, a bit of a paradox).

                    Petr

                    Now Petr, if you had joined us in Holesovice last night you would not have needed to ask ... this was one of our many topics of discussion :)

                    Liz

                    --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Vesely Petr" <vesely.email@...> wrote:

                    > Oh.....so ashamed.....that must be the Friday.....usually not that bad at googling :-)
                    >
                    > Thanks a lot, Jamie

                  • Vesely Petr
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
                      It's really not my day today, of course, I should have used "too" and not "either", better stop working and responding...and go to vote, or should I rather leave it for tomorrow...

                      Petr

                      Oh....so ashamed....but I do have an excuse this time, you know it's a long way to the 100Spire Mother from here, the farthest outpost in the south-east where we bravely guard the border against all kinds of danger from the east and south, be day or night (now, thinking of it, I'm from the east and south either, in your eyes, hmm, a bit of a paradox).

                      Petr

                      Now Petr, if you had joined us in Holesovice last night you would not have needed to ask ... this was one of our many topics of discussion :)

                      Liz

                      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Vesely Petr" <vesely.email@...> wrote:

                      > Oh.....so ashamed.....that must be the Friday.....usually not that bad at googling :-)
                      >
                      > Thanks a lot, Jamie

                    • Liz Spacilova
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 5, 2009
                        Tomorrow never knows :)