Re: What cripples googlin'

  • kzgafas
    Message 1 of 12 , May 12 4:22 PM
      You may find for this purpose very handy the following page: the advanced search page. I use it (almost) as my default search page. There are also more search features beyond eliminating unwanted words.

      http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

      K.

      Message 2 of 12 , May 13 7:47 AM
        There's an article in TechCrunch just today on Google's latest search options:

        http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/12/google-launches-search-options-declares-real-time-search-biggest-challenge/

        the museum show's title was the same as that of the French
        > translation of Edward Bellamy's 19th-century utopian novel "Looking
        > Backward". That was close enough for jazz, and I was able to
        > translate the exhibition title more adequately.

        Cent ans après: ou, l'an 2000?

        Message 3 of 12 , May 13 9:35 AM
          Curses, my last message has not got through yet. How many times do I have to kick my computer before I get this stupid internet thing (it'll never catch on) to work properly??

          Just wanted to say there was recently an item on TechCrunch about the latest search options on Google:

          Message 4 of 12 , May 13 2:27 PM
            Just wondering where to find exactly that search page the article refers to.

            K.

            Message 5 of 12 , May 13 4:02 PM
              http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=cs

              kzgafas napsal(a):

              > Just wondering where to find exactly that search page the article refers to.
              >
              > K.

              > "melvyn.geo" <zehrovak@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Curses, my last message has not got through yet. How many times do I
              > have to kick my computer before I get this stupid internet thing (it'll
              > never catch on) to work properly??
              > >
              > > Just wanted to say there was recently an item on TechCrunch about the
              > latest search options on Google:
              > >

              > http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/12/google-launches-search-options-declares-real-time-search-biggest-challenge/
              > <http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/12/google-launches-search-options-declares-real-time-search-biggest-challenge/>
              > >

              > > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:Czechlist%40yahoogroups.com>, James Kirchner <jpklists@> wrote:
              > > the museum show's title was the same as that of the French
              > > > translation of Edward Bellamy's 19th-century utopian novel "Looking
              > > > Backward". That was close enough for jazz, and I was able to
              > > > translate the exhibition title more adequately.
              > >
              > > Cent ans après: ou, l'an 2000?
              > >

              > > BR
              > >
              > > M.

            • kzgafas
              Message 6 of 12 , May 14 8:47 AM
                Ja bych chtel vedet link presne na tu stranku google, o ktere se pise v clanku, ktery zde uvedl Melvyn. Nevedel bys, Melvyne?

                KZ

                --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Martin Janda <mjanda@...> wrote:

                > http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=cs
                >

                > kzgafas napsal(a):
                > >

                > > Just wondering where to find exactly that search page the article refers to.
                > >
                > > K.
                > >
                > > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Czechlist%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > > "melvyn.geo" <zehrovak@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Curses, my last message has not got through yet. How many times do I
                > > have to kick my computer before I get this stupid internet thing (it'll
                > > never catch on) to work properly??
                > > >
                > > > Just wanted to say there was recently an item on TechCrunch about the
                > > latest search options on Google:
                > > >

                > > http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/12/google-launches-search-options-declares-real-time-search-biggest-challenge/
                > > <http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/12/google-launches-search-options-declares-real-time-search-biggest-challenge/>
                > > >

                > > > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
                > > <mailto:Czechlist%40yahoogroups.com>, James Kirchner <jpklists@> wrote:
                > > > the museum show's title was the same as that of the French
                > > >
                > > > Cent ans après: ou, l'an 2000?
                > > >

                > > > BR
                > > >
                > > > M.

              • Jennifer Hejtmankova
                Message 7 of 12 , May 14 9:16 AM
                  I get the options page by running a search, then on the search
                  results page, there's a link at the top (under the logo but above the
                  search results) that says "Show options". When I click on that, I
                  get the left side nav bar that you can see in Melvyn's linked article.

                  HTH,
                  jennifer

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 14 9:22 AM
                    Nevim, jaka presne to ma byt stranka, ale ty volby, o kterych se v
                    clanku pise, jsou k mani na adrese, kterou jsem psal predtim...

                    M.

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 14 9:36 AM
                      Mas dalsi popis tady:

                      http://www.dullest.com/blog/google-searchology-2009-search-options-google-squared-rich-snippets/

                      Google Search Options. Marissa Mayer referred to this as a handy "toolbelt" that lets you slice and dice your search results. You can do a search such as [cfl light bulb] and look above the search results for a "Show options…" link.

                      Nejde totiz o staly odkaz nebo stranku. Je to chytra vecicka, ktera se objevi jako "Show options..." nalevo nahore po zadani retezce v gugliku. Aspon v anglicke verzi.