Re: [Czechlist] Re: help CES-ENG rigorozni prace

  • Sarka Rubkova
    Message 1 of 10 , May 7 12:21 AM
      Chtela bych jen dodat, ze doktorant nemusí být nutně asistentem.

      Sarka

      From: Emma Hradecka <emmahradecka@...>
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, 27 April, 2009, 10:32 AM

      I already got the answer from the professor and, obviously, it's quite a
      mess.

      Because I do many translations from the academic sphere, I made an excel
      document, which will hopefully help a bit. I am attaching it, feel free to
      keep it, and what is more important, I would like to ask esp. the native
      speakers to fill in their suggestions and send it back :-). Or just send me
      the suggestions via email and I will fill it in.

      Thanks for your cooperation.

      Emma

      Date: Monday, 27 April, 2009, 9:52 AM

      I recall my Pedagogicky slovnik equates rigorozni with viva voce
      examinations. I'm on my travels at the moment, so I can't check it out but
      evidence on Google seems to support the idea:

      CR, (5-year studies + viva voce); (5let + rigorózní zkouška),www. zurkovi
      com/ theblind. html

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogrou ps.com, "Charlie Stanford" <charliestanfordtra

      ?

      not, I've seen both) / title is Bc.

      > diplomová p. - diploma thesis - title is Mgr./MA/MSc

      > rigorózní p. - ? - Czech title PhDr., RNDr., JUDr. etc.

      > dizerta�ní p. - dissertation thesis - current title Ph.D. (previously
      CSc. I think)

      > habilita�ní p. - ? - Czech title Doc.

      > profesura - don't know if there is a "thesis", Czech title is Prof.

      > I will ask about the two I don't know. Rigorozni prace/zkouska is a
      typical Czech thing, nothing international. My boyfriend is just after the
      Ph.D. stage, but he's not a linguist so he's not sure about the other Eng
      expression either. We will ask one Prof., I think he will be able to help.