lecturer

  • Sarka Rubkova
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 26 10:25 AM
      Prave ted valcim s prekladem tohoto slova do cestiny jedna se o skolu
      architektury a jednoho jejiho "lecturer", kter� vyu�uje predmet Medializace
      architektury

      Jak to spravne prelozit do cestiny, aby clovek neurazil?

      sarka

    • Jan Severn
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 26 10:46 AM
        ...třeba jako *přednášející* ?

        pěkný večer,
        JS

        > Od: Sarka Rubkova <rubkova@...>
        > Předmět: [Czechlist] lecturer
        > Datum: 26.4.2009 19:28:13
        > Prave ted valcim s prekladem tohoto slova do cestiny jedna se o skolu
        > architektury a jednoho jejiho "lecturer", který vyučuje predmet Medializace
        > architektury

        > Jak to spravne prelozit do cestiny, aby clovek neurazil?

        > sarka

      • Emma Hradecka
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 26 11:19 AM
          Určitě, "přednášející" nebo asistent? / odborný asistent?

          Emma H.

          > Prave ted valcim s prekladem tohoto slova do cestiny jedna se o skolu
          > architektury a jednoho jejiho "lecturer", který vyučuje
          predmet Medializace
          > architektury

          > Jak to spravne prelozit do cestiny, aby clovek neurazil?

          > sarka

        • Charlie Stanford
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 26 11:37 AM
            It's a docent isn't it?

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 26 11:45 AM
              I think that "docent" is "associate professor" - it's at least what I saw several Czech docents use...

              E.

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 26 11:57 AM
                I don't consider myself an expert in academia, but strictly practically speaking, prednasejici/lecturer can IMHO be just about anybody relevant enough in the field to have something to say... They don't have to be employed by the school in question, or have any academic title or position.. they could be an expert in the field who teaches a course at the local Uni just to stay in touch with reality, they could just be giving a lecture every now and then...freelance, employed, whatever, they don't have to be a professor to do that, do they?.. at least as long as we are talking about the broadest possible meaning of the word(s).. (OK, they could be called guest lecturer or something like that at times, but not always..)

                Sarka might have extra context that makes her think "if I call this person something as ordinary as prednasejici it's going to ruin their academic super-ego"... but meaning-wise, prednasejici should be OK if it fits the sentence well.. if the context suggets the person in question is a member of the faculty, then a quick Web search will probably reveal their proper title/position..

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 26 12:47 PM
                  My (Czech) girlfriend says you are right Emma and docent is just something between a doktor and a profesor - sorry for talking complete rubbish. That will teach me for not concentrating my way through university. I was thinking that I had never come across anyone called an "associate professor" at university, but I should have gone to more lectures and it was such a long time ago that I have forgotten everything from there anyway. Please ignore my previous message - Sunday night ramblings.
                  Charlie

                  I think that "docent" is "associate professor" - it's at least what I saw several Czech docents use...

                  E.

                  Prave ted valcim s prekladem tohoto slova do cestiny jedna se o skolu
                  architektury a jednoho jejiho "lecturer", který vyučuje predmet
                  Medializace
                  architektury

                  Jak to spravne prelozit do cestiny, aby clovek neurazil?

                  sarka

                  Jsem chráněn bezplatným SPAMfighter pro soukromé uživatele.
                  Až doposud mě ušetřil příjmu 5486 spam-emailů.
                  Platící uživatelé tuto zprávu ve svých e-mailech nedostavají.
                  Stáhněte si zadarmo SPAMfighter zde: www.spamfighter.com/lcs

                • Josef Hlavac
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 26 1:25 PM
                    I confirm that "prednasejici predmetu Medializace architektury" is a
                    correct solution.

                    J.

                    Sarka Rubkova wrote:
                    > Prave ted valcim s prekladem tohoto slova do cestiny jedna se o skolu
                    > architektury a jednoho jejiho "lecturer", kter� vyu�uje predmet Medializace
                    > architektury
                    >

                    > Jak to spravne prelozit do cestiny, aby clovek neurazil?
                    >

                    > sarka

                  • Sarka Rubkova
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 26 2:03 PM
                      Vzhledem k tomu, že jsem nebyla schopna dohledat dotycného na stránkách
                      skoly, pouzila jsem slovo přednasející.

                      Dekuji vsem zucastnenym za nedelni akci

                      Sarka