Re: [Czechlist] Difficult phrase

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 7, 2009
      That's more or less how I read it. You'll probably want to break the
      sentence up, and you can probably safely leave "po právní stránce"
      out, but if you decide to leave it in, something like "as for the
      legal aspects" should do it. Prepaid legal seems to be pretty common
      as an option with other kinds of insurance products in the
      German-speaking world, and I suppose the Czechs have picked it up (if
      they haven't had it all along).

      Michael

      On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:41 AM, James Kirchner <jpklists@...> wrote:
      > I have a long, snaking sentence, the end of which I'm having trouble
      > interpreting.
      >
      > It starts out by saying that the XYZ card automatically insures the
      > driver and his survivors against permanent or fatal consequences of
      > auto accidents. Then the sentence ends with this:
      >
      > "a po právní stránce Pojistením právní ochrany od pojistovny
      > D.A.S. (limit 100 tis.)."
      >
      > I'm having trouble with "a po pravni strance". It seems to me this is
      > a throwaway phrase, and that I could just say that it provides legal
      > protection insurance from D.A.S. up to 100,000 of something (probably
      > CZK).
      >
      > Any thoughts?
      >
      > Thank you.

      You have to be happy with what you have to be happy with what you have
      to be happy with.