Pie face

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 8:23 PM
      If Czech traditionally had no word for what we call pie in English,
      how do Czechs call somebody a pie face?

      Does he have an "oplatkovy oblicej"? Or a "kolacovy ksicht"?

      Jamie
    • tomas_barendregt
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 10:15 PM

        > If Czech traditionally had no word for what we call pie in English,
        > how do Czechs call somebody a pie face?
        >
        > Does he have an "oplatkovy oblicej"? Or a "kolacovy ksicht"?
        >
        > Jamie

        Bibza kulata? Cifernik? Oblicej jako mesicek?
      • Jan Culka
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 10:17 PM
          xicht jak lívanec (flat and pale and round) - if pie face is what I mean
          Honza

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2 1:56 AM
            Thanks, Tomas and Honza. It appears to me that "oblicej jako mesicek"
            and "ksicht jak livanec" fit the image I'm thinking of. In English,
            "pie face" and "moon face" are basically equivalent, so those work.

            Jamie