RE: [Czechlist] uzavírací klauzule

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2009
      Hi Coilin:

      I have no ideas what it’s called in English but it’s a clause in the
      Election Act (or in the Consitution, I don’t knw) specifying a minimum
      threshhold in the number of votes received by a political formation (one
      ballot) as a percantage of total votes counted to have its candidates
      included in the legislature seat distribution calculation. Simply, for a
      party to have its people in the parliament, they need to get at least 5% of
      total votes in the election. If under this level, they do not pass and get
      no seats at all.

      See http://ustavni2.juristic.cz/149445/clanek/ustava1

      20:27:00

    • Melvyn