TERM: credits

  • Hana Jarolímová
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
      Ahoj, existuje nejake hezke ceske slovo pro "credits" - vyjmenovani
      vsech autoru, ilustratoru, grafiku, proste vsech, kteri prispeli k
      uspesne realizaci hry?
      Napada me "Podekovani", ale to neni "credits". Pak me napada "K uspesne
      realizaci prispeli:".

      Diky za tipy a rady
      Hanka J
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
        "Credits" is a slightly less nice way of saying "acknowledgments". I
        find "acknowledgments" defined as "podekovani", so that's probably it.

        Sometimes, instead of writing "credits" or "acknowledgments", we write
        "with thanks to".

        However, there is a difference between "credits" and
        "acknowledgments". People listed in the credits were usually just
        doing their jobs. Those listed in the acknowledgments either
        volunteered their help, or else they did their jobs in a way far
        beyond the call of duty, so they deserve special thanks.

        But if "podekovani" is culturally appropriate, then that will work.

        Don't the Czechs write something to the effect of "staff" or "team"
        when it's just the credits? I there's a way just to write that in
        Czech, I'd do it. Maybe "se spolupraci nasich kolegu...[and then a
        list]" or however you might put it in Czech.

        Jamie

        On Feb 2, 2009, at 4:08 PM, Hana Jarolímová wrote:

        > Ahoj, existuje nejake hezke ceske slovo pro "credits" - vyjmenovani
        > vsech autoru, ilustratoru, grafiku, proste vsech, kteri prispeli k
        > uspesne realizaci hry?
        > Napada me "Podekovani", ale to neni "credits". Pak me napada "K
        > uspesne
        > realizaci prispeli:".
        >
        > Diky za tipy a rady
        > Hanka J

      • Hana Jarolímová
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
          Diky, Jamie, asi tam necham to strucne "Podekovani"
          Hanka