Re: [Czechlist] povel and prikaz

  • Josef Hlavac
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 28, 2009
      Without more context, these two could be interchangeable. Or, perhaps
      they use "povel" for commands that the devices communicate among
      themselves, and "prikaz" for commands issued by a human operator? If
      that is the case, be very careful with "prompt", most likely it won't work.

      One obvious IT context where prikaz=statement is in programming
      languages (a program contains statements, e.g. "loop" statements,
      "if-then-else" statements, etc.)

      Josef