Re: [Czechlist] Brick-and-mortar

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 25, 2009
      Yes, Jamie, but the concept of:

      "kamenné domy obchodných reťazcov,"

      is strange, because obchodne retazce (chain stores such as Tesco's) don't typically operate online shops here - and to my knowledge in SK either... we only use the phrase to stress that a place is real and not virtual ..

      Also, the equivalent of brick and mortar (store) in CZ and SK is kamenny obchod, not "dum/dom"

      if the sentence said kamenne obchody internetovych predajni, all would be clear, but your sentence sounds like a translation, a nonsense, or a combination of both, even if we presume what they mean by kamenny dom is brick and mortar store, (i.e. not online), it's still weird because obchodny retazec (OK, a "prodejna obchodneho retazce") is by definition a physical place..