Re: [Czechlist] Re: stiff your upper lip

  • Sarka Rubkova
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 2, 2009
      Nebo se da taky hezky cesky rici "nakrcil nos"

      Sarka

      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 2, 2009
        Ja mam knizku od George Mikese "How to be an alien". Neni to ta, co
        jsi cetl?
        Petr A.

        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 2, 2009
          Jo je, tak SUJ byla predpokladam jen kapitola? Kazdopadne to tam nekde musi byt..

          Ja mam knizku od George Mikese "How to be an alien". Neni to ta, co
          jsi cetl?
          Petr A.
          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Libor Zajíèek" <libore@...> wrote:

          > Tu knihu od George Miklóse jsem kdysi èetl, ale neuvìdomil jsem si, ¾e
          > se tak jmenuje.

        • hahna123
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 5, 2009
            Hi Jamie,

            I just recently joined this group and I looooved you "reversed culture
            shock" post! What a hoot!

            My name is Tanja I am Czech but have been living in the US for 11
            years now. I have a blog for Czech and Slovaks (or anyone who is
            interested in our culture) which helps people connect with their
            Czech/Slovak roots while living abroad. One of my categories is called
            the "Stories of others" (where Jana from this group contributes on
            regular basis ;) and your story would be a great addition!!! Can I
            post it please? It would be anonymous of course (unless you want it
            otherwise).

            Thank you,

            Tanja

            PS: blog name is Czechmate Diary if you want to Czech it out
            (www.czechmatediary.cz)
          • Romana
            Message 5 of 25 , Jan 5, 2009
              Hi Tanja,

              Yes, I found this thread very interesting and entertaining, too! If you want
              any more material, you are welcome to contact me directly at
              translators@..., and I will tell you my whole story. In short: Born
              in CZ to Czech parents, grown up in Austria and Germany from age of 7 (but
              always maintained close links to the CZ), found a new (the perfect) home in
              Australia at age 38 (year 2000). My apologies to all other readers, I wasn't
              able to find the way to contact Tanja directly. (Can't make any sense of
              your 'PS', dear Tanja, either.)

              Best regards,

              Romana

              Message 6 of 25 , Jan 5, 2009
                If anyone is interested in the Tanja´s blog, it is .com, not .cz!
                Honza

                Message 7 of 25 , Jan 6, 2009
                  Thanks Honza!
                  Diky Honzo!

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 6, 2009
                    You are welcome, Tanja!
                    H.

                    Message 9 of 25 , Jan 6, 2009
                      Not "reversed" culture shock. It's "reverse" culture shock.

                    • Romana
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jan 6, 2009
                        Of course, Jamie, thanks for the correction!

                        Romana