Chat (but urgent): hairdressing E>Cz

  • Gerald Turner
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2008
      An American friend in Prague wants to ask for "an inverted bob with
      centre parting" at the hairdresser's this afternoon. Ladies'
      hairdressing not being one of my special areas, I would appreciate
      help with what she is to say. (Maybe she didn't say "parting" but
      something American, but that's what she meant).

      TIA

      Gerry

      --
      Czech-In Translations
      V lesíčku 5

      To see a World in a Grain of Sand
      And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
      Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
      And Eternity in an hour.
    • Jennifer Hejtmankova
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2008
        The easiest thing would be to find a picture online and print it out
        to show the hairdresser....

        Jen

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2008
          No idea how this is called in Czech, but the obvious way out would be to
          find a picture on the web, print and show to the hairdresser. It's
          definitely safer than to try to translate it somehow - and then
          nervously hoping that the hairdresser does not do something else.

          Martin

          Gerald Turner napsal(a):

          > An American friend in Prague wants to ask for "an inverted bob with
          > centre parting" at the hairdresser's this afternoon. Ladies'
          > hairdressing not being one of my special areas, I would appreciate
          > help with what she is to say. (Maybe she didn't say "parting" but
          > something American, but that's what she meant).
          >
          > TIA
          >
          > Gerry
          >
          > --
          > Czech-In Translations
          > V lesíčku 5
          > 150 00 Prague 5
          > Czech Republic
          > Tel/fax: ++ 420 235 357 194
          >
          > To see a World in a Grain of Sand
          > And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
          > Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
          > And Eternity in an hour.
        • Gerald Turner
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 30, 2008
            Thanks, Jennifer and Martin. Have taken your advice.As far as I can
            see, it's what she has already. In such situations I usually say: "to
            samé, ale kratší"...

            Gerry