Re: [Czechlist] Problems with a sentence

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 19, 2008
      And just who thinks that 90 kW is too little for a car to move at speeds over 100 km/h??

      Even large vans and trucks with 2-3 t load capability have engines that are smaller than that, 81 kW does wonders with an Octavka (eventhough the latest 103 kW is admittedly better), most Skodas have either 77 kW diesel, or 66 kW or less petrol-powered engines, the cheapest fabias have something like 44 kW? You don't exactly need power to go 120 km/h and beyond, you need power to accelerate fast, but much smaller and less powerful engines are fine with 120 and well beyond, 160 km/h in a Skoda Felicia is not unheard of (if a little harrowing for the driver and everyone on the same road)..

      Funny that you're translating this Cz to Eng, are we building and testing these cars in CZ, or have the US carmakers decided to relocated their R&D here and do all marketing and communication in Czech now to cut costs? :)