Re: [Czechlist] enquiry: Trados - Merge

  • Josef Hlavac
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2008
      Hi Zuzana,

      This sounds to me like a product of reorganization / merging - if the
      two memories contain the same TU, or if a TU repeats in one of the
      memories, it will be added only once.

      It is perhaps possible that the TM you're trying to import comes from
      several projects? In that case, the TUs could have different
      sublanguages, and Trados can discard TUs with non-matching sublanguages.

      It is worth noting that the "allow multiple translations" feature does
      not always work as one would expect.

      Josef

      P.S. In my experience, Trados resembles Microsoft in many ways - they
      leave enough bugs in their products for at least three future releases.
      And if you ask or complain they say that they won't fix that years-old
      bug right now because they're busy adding a new, obscure feature (that
      nobody's going to use seriously).