Re: TERM: lakrimovat

  • Liz Spacilova
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
      Check it out - lacrimation: the secretion and discharge of tears (from
      my medical dictionary). The New Penguin English Dictionary offers the
      alternative spellings lachrymation and lacrymation.

      Thanks to both of you for helping me brush up on my English and I wish
      you a most unlachrymose evening :)

      Cheers

      Liz

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "IONA trans & press" <trans@...> wrote:

      > Neni to vylozene plakat, ale stav, kdy cloveku zaslzi oci
      > Lenka
      >

      > _____

      On Behalf
      > Of Hana Jarolímová
      > Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 2:27 PM
      > To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [Czechlist] TERM: lakrimovat
      >

      > Ahoj Liz!
      > Zvysena lakrimace je intenzivni slzeni a podle slovniku cizich slov je
      > "lakrimace" = "slzeni", takze lakrimovat bude asi skutecne"plakat".
      > Hanka
      >
      > Liz Spacilova wrote:
      >
      > >Hi,
      > >
      > >It's in a psychologist's report - pacient "obcas lakrimuje pri
      > >vzpomince na trestani ..."
      > >
      > >I've only been able to find it on two links, and in one it is defined
      > >as crying. Can anyone confirm?
      > >
      > >Thanks and cheers
      > >
      > >Liz

      > >__________ Informace od NOD32 3657 (20081202) __________
      > >
      > >Tato zprava byla proverena antivirovym systemem NOD32.
      > >http://www.nod32. <http://www.nod32.cz> cz

    • Jennifer Hejtmankova
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
        Yes - exactly. We could say that he/she "produced tears" or "teared
        up" - not necessarily the act of "crying", but just making tears.

        Jennifer