RE: [Czechlist] TERM: lakrimovat

  • IONA trans & press
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
      Neni to vylozene plakat, ale stav, kdy cloveku zaslzi oci
      Lenka

      _____

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
        Check it out - lacrimation: the secretion and discharge of tears (from
        my medical dictionary). The New Penguin English Dictionary offers the
        alternative spellings lachrymation and lacrymation.

        Thanks to both of you for helping me brush up on my English and I wish
        you a most unlachrymose evening :)

        Cheers

        Liz

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "IONA trans & press" <trans@...> wrote:

        > Neni to vylozene plakat, ale stav, kdy cloveku zaslzi oci
        > Lenka
        >

        > _____

        On Behalf
        > Of Hana Jarolímová
        > Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 2:27 PM
        > To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [Czechlist] TERM: lakrimovat
        >

        > Ahoj Liz!
        > Zvysena lakrimace je intenzivni slzeni a podle slovniku cizich slov je
        > "lakrimace" = "slzeni", takze lakrimovat bude asi skutecne"plakat".
        > Hanka
        >
        > Liz Spacilova wrote:
        >
        > >Hi,
        > >
        > >It's in a psychologist's report - pacient "obcas lakrimuje pri
        > >vzpomince na trestani ..."
        > >
        > >I've only been able to find it on two links, and in one it is defined
        > >as crying. Can anyone confirm?
        > >
        > >Thanks and cheers
        > >
        > >Liz

        > >__________ Informace od NOD32 3657 (20081202) __________
        > >
        > >Tato zprava byla proverena antivirovym systemem NOD32.
        > >http://www.nod32. <http://www.nod32.cz> cz

      • Jennifer Hejtmankova
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
          Yes - exactly. We could say that he/she "produced tears" or "teared
          up" - not necessarily the act of "crying", but just making tears.

          Jennifer