Re: [Czechlist] TERM: lakrimovat

  • Hana Jarolímová
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
      Ahoj Liz!
      Zvysena lakrimace je intenzivni slzeni a podle slovniku cizich slov je
      "lakrimace" = "slzeni", takze lakrimovat bude asi skutecne"plakat".
      Hanka

      Liz Spacilova wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >It's in a psychologist's report - pacient "obcas lakrimuje pri
      >vzpomince na trestani ..."
      >
      >I've only been able to find it on two links, and in one it is defined
      >as crying. Can anyone confirm?
      >
      >Thanks and cheers
      >
      >Liz

      >__________ Informace od NOD32 3657 (20081202) __________
      >
      >Tato zprava byla proverena antivirovym systemem NOD32.
      >http://www.nod32.cz

    • IONA trans & press
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
        Neni to vylozene plakat, ale stav, kdy cloveku zaslzi oci
        Lenka

        _____

        Liz Spacilova wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >It's in a psychologist's report - pacient "obcas lakrimuje pri
        >vzpomince na trestani ..."
        >
        >I've only been able to find it on two links, and in one it is defined
        >as crying. Can anyone confirm?
        >
        >Thanks and cheers
        >
        >Liz

        >__________ Informace od NOD32 3657 (20081202) __________
        >
        >Tato zprava byla proverena antivirovym systemem NOD32.
        >http://www.nod32. <http://www.nod32.cz> cz

      • Liz Spacilova
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
          Check it out - lacrimation: the secretion and discharge of tears (from
          my medical dictionary). The New Penguin English Dictionary offers the
          alternative spellings lachrymation and lacrymation.

          Thanks to both of you for helping me brush up on my English and I wish
          you a most unlachrymose evening :)

          Cheers

          Liz

          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "IONA trans & press" <trans@...> wrote:

          > Neni to vylozene plakat, ale stav, kdy cloveku zaslzi oci
          > Lenka
          >

          > _____

          On Behalf
          > Of Hana Jarolímová
          > Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 2:27 PM
          > To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [Czechlist] TERM: lakrimovat
          >

          > Ahoj Liz!
          > Zvysena lakrimace je intenzivni slzeni a podle slovniku cizich slov je
          > "lakrimace" = "slzeni", takze lakrimovat bude asi skutecne"plakat".
          > Hanka
          >
          > Liz Spacilova wrote:
          >
          > >Hi,
          > >
          > >It's in a psychologist's report - pacient "obcas lakrimuje pri
          > >vzpomince na trestani ..."
          > >
          > >I've only been able to find it on two links, and in one it is defined
          > >as crying. Can anyone confirm?
          > >
          > >Thanks and cheers
          > >
          > >Liz

          > >__________ Informace od NOD32 3657 (20081202) __________
          > >
          > >Tato zprava byla proverena antivirovym systemem NOD32.
          > >http://www.nod32. <http://www.nod32.cz> cz

        • Jennifer Hejtmankova
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
            Yes - exactly. We could say that he/she "produced tears" or "teared
            up" - not necessarily the act of "crying", but just making tears.

            Jennifer