TERM: lakrimovat

  • Liz Spacilova
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hi,

      It's in a psychologist's report - pacient "obcas lakrimuje pri
      vzpomince na trestani ..."

      I've only been able to find it on two links, and in one it is defined
      as crying. Can anyone confirm?

      Thanks and cheers

      Liz
    • Hana Jarolímová
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
        Ahoj Liz!
        Zvysena lakrimace je intenzivni slzeni a podle slovniku cizich slov je
        "lakrimace" = "slzeni", takze lakrimovat bude asi skutecne"plakat".
        Hanka

        Liz Spacilova wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >It's in a psychologist's report - pacient "obcas lakrimuje pri
        >vzpomince na trestani ..."
        >
        >I've only been able to find it on two links, and in one it is defined
        >as crying. Can anyone confirm?
        >
        >Thanks and cheers
        >
        >Liz

        >__________ Informace od NOD32 3657 (20081202) __________
        >
        >Tato zprava byla proverena antivirovym systemem NOD32.
        >http://www.nod32.cz

      • IONA trans & press
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
          Neni to vylozene plakat, ale stav, kdy cloveku zaslzi oci
          Lenka

          _____

          Liz Spacilova wrote:

          >Hi,
          >
          >It's in a psychologist's report - pacient "obcas lakrimuje pri
          >vzpomince na trestani ..."
          >
          >I've only been able to find it on two links, and in one it is defined
          >as crying. Can anyone confirm?
          >
          >Thanks and cheers
          >
          >Liz

          >__________ Informace od NOD32 3657 (20081202) __________
          >
          >Tato zprava byla proverena antivirovym systemem NOD32.
          >http://www.nod32. <http://www.nod32.cz> cz

        • Liz Spacilova
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
            Check it out - lacrimation: the secretion and discharge of tears (from
            my medical dictionary). The New Penguin English Dictionary offers the
            alternative spellings lachrymation and lacrymation.

            Thanks to both of you for helping me brush up on my English and I wish
            you a most unlachrymose evening :)

            Cheers

            Liz

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "IONA trans & press" <trans@...> wrote:

            > Neni to vylozene plakat, ale stav, kdy cloveku zaslzi oci
            > Lenka
            >

            > _____

            On Behalf
            > Of Hana Jarolímová
            > Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 2:27 PM
            > To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [Czechlist] TERM: lakrimovat
            >

            > Ahoj Liz!
            > Zvysena lakrimace je intenzivni slzeni a podle slovniku cizich slov je
            > "lakrimace" = "slzeni", takze lakrimovat bude asi skutecne"plakat".
            > Hanka
            >
            > Liz Spacilova wrote:
            >
            > >Hi,
            > >
            > >It's in a psychologist's report - pacient "obcas lakrimuje pri
            > >vzpomince na trestani ..."
            > >
            > >I've only been able to find it on two links, and in one it is defined
            > >as crying. Can anyone confirm?
            > >
            > >Thanks and cheers
            > >
            > >Liz

            > >__________ Informace od NOD32 3657 (20081202) __________
            > >
            > >Tato zprava byla proverena antivirovym systemem NOD32.
            > >http://www.nod32. <http://www.nod32.cz> cz

          • Jennifer Hejtmankova
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2008
              Yes - exactly. We could say that he/she "produced tears" or "teared
              up" - not necessarily the act of "crying", but just making tears.

              Jennifer