Two more things...

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2008
      Does anyone know what kind of camera angle "Celek" refers to?

      Is it simply a "wide shot"?

      I also am having trouble understanding the following sentence:

      Orchestr poklepava smycci o pultíky

      Could someone expalin to me what exactly the orchestra is doing to the
      strings "o pultiky"?

      MTIA

      Coilin
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2008
        iT'S A WIDE SHOT OF THE ENTIRE SCENE, AS OPPOSED TO A DETAIL (sorry, Caps lock)

        I don't think it always HAS to be a wide lens/angle, but it has to have the whole set in it, not just a tiny detail or a person's face, etc.

        The orchestra's banging their bows (not their violins as you suggested, smycce are violing instruments in an orchestra, but the name comes from the bows they use on the strings) on the note stands, I believe they do that to applaud the conductor

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2008
          Thank Matej-
          This helps a lot
          Coilin

          > iT'S A WIDE SHOT OF THE ENTIRE SCENE, AS OPPOSED TO A DETAIL (sorry,
          Caps lock)

          > I don't think it always HAS to be a wide lens/angle, but it has to
          have the whole set in it, not just a tiny detail or a person's face, etc.

          > The orchestra's banging their bows (not their violins as you
          suggested, smycce are violing instruments in an orchestra, but the
          name comes from the bows they use on the strings) on the note stands,
          I believe they do that to applaud the conductor

        • Jaroslav Suchánek
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 26, 2008
            ... they applaud also accompanying soloist(s) or the composer this way.
            J.

            > The orchestra's banging their bows (not their violins as you suggested,
            > smycce are violing instruments in an orchestra, but the name
            > comes from the bows they use on the strings) on the note stands, I believe
            > they do that to applaud the conductor

            I also am having trouble understanding the following sentence:
            Orchestr poklepava smycci o pultíky
            Could someone expalin to me what exactly the orchestra is doing to the
            strings "o pultiky"?
          • Bedrich Hadziu
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2008
              Hi everybody,

              This is in response to Coilin's question:

              "Does anyone know what kind of camera angle "Celek" refers to?

              Is it simply a "wide shot"?"

              It is probably too late for Coilin, but it may serve to other listmates in the future.

              So here is what I learned in the film school:

              If you go to

              http://www.urbanfox.tv/creative/shotsizes.html%c2%a0

              you will find all the basic shot sizes there.

              The Czech terms for them are as follows:

              VERY LONG SHOT  -  VELKY CELEK
              LONG SHOT  -  CELEK
              MID SHOT  -  POLOCELEK
              MEDIUM CLOSE UP  -  POLODETAIL