prizdvih

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
      Can anyone tell me what a "prízdvih" is on a forklift? Google Images
      doesn't give me anything useful.

      Thanks.

      Jamie
    • Jaroslav Hejzlar
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
        Hi, Jamie!
        Not being an expert, I can only give a rough guess of the meaning: it could be either a kind of an extra lifting movement or just a small lifting movement, or (which seems most probable) the device that is used for such movements.
        HTH,
        Jarda

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2008
          Not an expert either, but it sounds like something (lever, button, movement, mechanism), you'd use to lift the end of the forks up a notch to prevent the load from slipping off when you move about... I'm sure you've seen it, the forklift lifts the load up and just before it starts moving, it tilts the whole frame along which the forks move back sop that the load is safe and sound and does not fall off with the first bump..

          Other than that it could be some sort of "turbo" for extra lifting capacity or extra lifting height when needed, but the first option sounds more logical

          Stop Googling for images, try Googling for sentences and procedures out of manuals and specs, Images are good, but the subject has to be a specific category and simple and widespread enough to make sure people use it as a name for their pics..