THE Crisis...

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
      I'd like to take a quick poll here:

      Have you heard lots of your clients talk about "the crisis" as an excuse for not paying invoices, not going through with planned jobs, or even holding back on translations alltogether recently?

      Several international (with mostly US-based mothers) clients of mine are changing their translation procedures entirely (not a bad thing since the previous ones have been a waste of everyone's time).... the Czech clients have been a bit quiet in the last month or so, some of them very quiet in the payment department (my ted mame SAP a tam jde vsechno pomaleji :).... the Czech news (or what I managed to catch) is full of catrastrophic visions (not that there's that much wrong with our economy as opposed to others, I guess we're in for an aftershock effect).. quite a few requests for quotes didn't go through - not that I'm usually able to provide the "best" price, but the percentage seems to be higher all of a sudden - do you think we're in for a slow spell?

      Jamie talked about being almost overwhelmed with CZ to ENG work a while ago - has this changed recently?

      What about others - International vs. CS-based clients - feeling any differences or trends?

      Good luck with the vote today, BTW...

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
        On Nov 4, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Matej Klimes wrote:

        > Jamie talked about being almost overwhelmed with CZ to ENG work a
        > while ago - has this changed recently?

        I wasn't exactly overwhelmed with CZ to ENG work, but with work in
        general, largely because my CZ to ENG work had increased so much.

        So far, at the moment, everybody is paying me on time. I've gotten a
        few of those "STORNO!" messages after I've started a job, but the
        client almost always replaces the job with something else.

        I'd be interested in hearing about the US-based mothers and how they
        do business, from your perspective, and how they've changed. They're
        quite a force here, although some of them are quite annoying.