Re: [Czechlist] TERM: ozvanit

  • Valerie Talacko
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
      I don't think it sounds too American...

      There's another phrase along the lines of 'it's not enough to have the gift of the gab,' but it won't come to me.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
        I think bullshit found a home in the British Isles long ago.

        Gerry

        On 04/10/2008, Valerie Talacko <valerie@...> wrote:

        > I don't think it sounds too American...
        >
        > There's another phrase along the lines of 'it's not enough to have the gift
        > of the gab,' but it won't come to me.

        Czech-In Translations
        V lesíčku 5
        150 00 Prague 5
        Czech Republic
        Tel/fax: ++ 420 235 357 194

        To see a World in a Grain of Sand
        And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
        Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
        And Eternity in an hour.
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
          Gerry wrote:
          > I think bullshit found a home in the British Isles long ago.

          True, but we also waffle our way through things, exams, interviews, etc.

          Also spelt "woffle" in the Urban Dictionary.

        • Liz Spacilova
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 8, 2008
            Thanks Gerry, Valerie and Melvyn. One of the men in my family tree is
            a certain Lott Bull, born in England in the mid 1700s before hitting
            the high seas for the American colony. So much for the movement of
            Lott Bull's shit :)

            But bull in my blood or not, I think I'll go for "waffle through".

            Liz "Full O'Bull" Spacilova