Re: [Czechlist] TERM: ozvanit

  • Gerald Turner
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
      Hi Liz, I would have thought that bullshit suits the register.

      FWIW

      Gerry

      --
      Czech-In Translations
      V lesíčku 5

      To see a World in a Grain of Sand
      And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
      Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
      And Eternity in an hour.
    • Valerie Talacko
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
        I don't think it sounds too American...

        There's another phrase along the lines of 'it's not enough to have the gift of the gab,' but it won't come to me.

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
          I think bullshit found a home in the British Isles long ago.

          Gerry

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
            Gerry wrote:
            > I think bullshit found a home in the British Isles long ago.

            True, but we also waffle our way through things, exams, interviews, etc.

            Also spelt "woffle" in the Urban Dictionary.

          • Liz Spacilova
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 8, 2008
              Thanks Gerry, Valerie and Melvyn. One of the men in my family tree is
              a certain Lott Bull, born in England in the mid 1700s before hitting
              the high seas for the American colony. So much for the movement of
              Lott Bull's shit :)

              But bull in my blood or not, I think I'll go for "waffle through".

              Liz "Full O'Bull" Spacilova