"pipe husk"

    Message 1 of 58 , Oct 3, 2008
      I'm having a problem with the German word "Rohrschale", and I'm
      wondering if, given the contextual meaning someone could help me with
      an English term.

      From the context I gather that it's an unfinished pipe. The steel
      has been rolled into shape, and it's now this "pipe husk" (Rohrschale)
      thing that goes to the welding station for completion.

      Technical dictionaries are not helping. Does anyone know what we call
      that thing in English? I'm thinking of just saying "unfinished pipe",
      unless someone has a better idea.

      Jamie
    • tropen
      Message 58 of 58 , Oct 9, 2008
        Thank you very much for your effort James and Simon - it helped me a lot.

        JOzin