Re: [Czechlist] Re: "realne gymnazium"?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2008
      Yes but in Czech, this is more or less a historic term for high schools
      existing in then Czechoslovakia before WWII.

      There were two kinds of gymnazium in those days:
      - klasicke where rather archaic subjects like ancient Greek and Latin
      languages have been taught, and
      - realne with a bit more up-to-date curriculae.

      Not sure at all how to convey all of this to English.

      HTH, Martin