Re: [Czechlist] what the US Govt is doing at the moment?

  • Bedrich Hadziu
    Message 1 of 58 , Sep 27, 2008
      Jamie,

      Thank you for your long, informative and entertaining email! :-)

      Few short comments:

      1. "I don't know if you have the same perception I do, but I have always
      had a sense that the reporting on US politics in the Czech press is
      done either by people who take orders from the Democratic Party, are
      paid by them, or read only those media that are mouthpieces for the
      Democrats, such as the New York Times."

      Quite true. And it is worse than that. Since this is a translation forum: I have recently seen three different Czech terms used in "respected" newspapers (e.g. Lidove noviny) for the U.S. Office of Homeland Security. One of them was "Ministerstvo vnitra". At least if they could agree on one Czech term to use...

      2.  Thanks for the fascinating story of Coleman A. Young! Had no idea...

      A show hosted by two Protestant pastors who are Republican sounds wild! :-)

      Thanks for the link - I must give it a try.

      3. I know that Obama had a Marxist mentor. Don't know how famous his mentor is/was in the U.S.

      Oh well...I gues it is the sign of the times...

      I only have good wishes for the U.S. and its future.

      Good night!

      Bedrich

      Message 58 of 58 , Oct 9, 2008
        Thank you very much for your effort James and Simon - it helped me a lot.

        JOzin