Re: syllable converter for converting Czech forms of Chinese names into English equivalents

  • grabanrad
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hi Valerie,

      I'm not sure about the electronic form and about the Czech, but for
      Slovak (which I believe could be very similar or the same) you can find
      transliteration of Chinese, Japanese and Korean syllables in
      "Pravidlá slovenského pravopisu". Nice tables with
      Slovak/English/Chinese, respectively Korean or Japanese.

      Rad

      > I was recently struggling with transliteration in the opposite
      direction (ENG to Czech), just Google for Cinstina transkripce (plus
      maybe the characters you're after) and you get loads, there's a Chinese
      everything portal as well, cinstina.cz, they have one there

      Czech-transliterated forms of Chinese names into their English
      equivalents? e.g. C-hacek-ching in Czech = Qing in English. Back when I
      worked at CTK we had one in paper form. I was wondering if anyone knows
      of one online or has an electronic one they could email me - it would be
      much appreciated.