syllable converter for converting Czech forms of Chinese names into English equivalents

  • Valerie Talacko
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hello,

      Does anyone have a syllable glossary for converting the Czech-transliterated forms of Chinese names into their English equivalents? e.g. C-hacek-ching in Czech = Qing in English. Back when I worked at CTK we had one in paper form. I was wondering if anyone knows of one online or has an electronic one they could email me - it would be much appreciated.

      Thank you very much,

      Valerie

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008
        I was recently struggling with transliteration in the opposite direction (ENG to Czech), just Google for Cinstina transkripce (plus maybe the characters you're after) and you get loads, there's a Chinese everything portal as well, cinstina.cz, they have one there

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2008
          Hi Valerie,

          I'm not sure about the electronic form and about the Czech, but for
          Slovak (which I believe could be very similar or the same) you can find
          transliteration of Chinese, Japanese and Korean syllables in
          "Pravidlá slovenského pravopisu". Nice tables with
          Slovak/English/Chinese, respectively Korean or Japanese.

          Rad