Re: [Czechlist] zloutenka

    Message 1 of 62 , Sep 3, 2008
      We all get shots against zloutenka, always have..

      Only relatively recently people started worrying about Hep B and C and can get shots

      My understanding was that B and C were other types of zloutenka, different transfer, more dangerous, while what was called zloutenka before was (I think) A type, but I'm no expert and could be wrong..

      The thing that babies get is "kojenecka zloutenka", not sure if it's anything to do with jaundice, but sure it has nothing to do with Hep A/B and I think it also has nothing to do with what we call "zloutenka", also called "nemoc spinavych rukou" - this is most likely the one you were vaccinated against, Jamie

      Other people with more medicinal knowledge under their belts can identify the names

      Message 62 of 62 , Sep 6, 2008
        Thanks, Josef and Gerry. My hunch is now that this abbreviation is,
        in fact, document specific and doesn't call for translation.

        Jamie