Re: [Czechlist] Re: CHAT: Czechia rears its head again

  • Jennifer Hejtmánková
    Message 1 of 62 , Sep 3, 2008
      Formally I use Czech Republic - "I live in the Czech Republic" (and
      when they don't get it, I say "used to be Czechoslovakia?" and the
      light bulb over their head finally glows), but with family and
      friends, we generally use Czecho, knowing full well that it's somewhat
      silly sounding.

      Jennifer

      Message 62 of 62 , Sep 6, 2008
        Thanks, Josef and Gerry. My hunch is now that this abbreviation is,
        in fact, document specific and doesn't call for translation.

        Jamie