Re: [Czechlist] mikrotužkové baterie

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2008
      Thanks, Jirka. Are there special terms for AA, C and D batteries that
      I should know?

      Jamie

      On Aug 9, 2008, at 2:11 AM, Jirka Bolech wrote:

      > Hi Jamie,
      >
      >> Are mikrotužkové baterie just AAA batteries?
      >
      > That's exactly what they are...
      >
      > Jira Bolech

    • Jennifer Hejtmánková
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2008
        AA's are, not surprisingly :), tuzkove...not sure about C's and D's...

        jennifer

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2008
          Thank you, Jennifer.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2008
            D's are bu^rty and C's, not surprisingly again, male bu^rty. But you
            definitely won't find these in written texts unless they are very
            informal....

            Martin

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2008
              So pencils and sausages. This is really interesting.

              Thanks, Martin.

              JK

              On Aug 9, 2008, at 6:43 AM, Martin Janda wrote:

              > D's are bu^rty and C's, not surprisingly again, male bu^rty. But you
              > definitely won't find these in written texts unless they are very
              > informal....
              >
              > Martin
              >

              > Jennifer Hejtmánková napsal(a):
              >> AA's are, not surprisingly :), tuzkove...not sure about C's and
              >> D's...
              >>
              >> jennifer
              >>
              >> On 9.8.2008, at 12:10, James Kirchner wrote:
              >>
              >>> Thanks, Jirka. Are there special terms for AA, C and D batteries
              >>> that
              >>> I should know?
              >>>
              >>> Jamie

            • Josef Hlavac
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 9, 2008
                You can also come across "monoclanek" for D or "maly/velky monoclanek"
                for C and D respectively.

                You can even come across more "technical" designations:
                AAA = Micro = R03
                AA = Mignon = R6
                C = Baby = R14
                D = Mono = R20

                According to varta-consumer.cz, the first column is USA designation, the
                second one is German, the third is IEC (and there are variants such as
                LR03, R03P - I don't know what is the difference).

                Josef