Dispatches?

  • Check Your Czech!
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 5, 2008
      Any suggestions on how to best translate the title "Dispatches" (Documentary Series on
      Channel 4)?

      More context at: http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/dispatches/sandwiches+unwrapped/2356872

      I think it should be something like "news reports", but a single Czech word would be much
      appreciated.

      Thanks for your ideas.

      Sandra
    • tomas_barendregt
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2008
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Check Your Czech!" <aspirio@...> wrote:

        > Any suggestions on how to best translate the title "Dispatches"
        (Documentary Series on
        > Channel 4)?

        Reportaze?

        Tom
      • Gerald Turner
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2008
          If these are correspondents' reports, hlaseni would be a possibility.

          FWIW

          Gerry

          --
          Czech-In Translations
          V lesíčku 5

          To see a World in a Grain of Sand
          And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
          Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
          And Eternity in an hour.

        • libore@volny.cz
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2008
            What I have seen from the Channel 4 Dispatches, the idea was something
            like Odhalení; Neznámá fakta o....; (Alarmující) Zpráva o... etc.
            They are trying to be investigative and to pose burning questions but
            in my opinion it´s done a bit in a rush and for both intellectuals
            and common people, so that it´s not really good. Trochu Nova prostě.

            Libor

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2008
              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, libore@... wrote:

              > What I have seen from the Channel 4 Dispatches, the idea was something
              > like Odhalení; Neznámá fakta o....; (Alarmující) Zpráva o... etc.
              > They are trying to be investigative and to pose burning questions

              V tomhle smyslu by to taky mohlo byt "expozé".

              Tom