HELP - TERM: authority files

  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
      Hi, everybody!
      Does anybody happen to have an idea what the term "authority files" might mean in the context of the catalogue of the French National Library? It may also be a wrong translation from French into English. Thanks very much for any hints.
      Regards,
      Jarda

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
        Hi Jarda,

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authority_control

        should give you the answer.

        Josef

        Jaroslav Hejzlar wrote:
        > Hi, everybody!
        > Does anybody happen to have an idea what the term "authority files" might mean in the context of the catalogue of the French National Library? It may also be a wrong translation from French into English. Thanks very much for any hints.
        > Regards,
        > Jarda

      • Jaroslav Hejzlar
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
          Hi, Josef!
          Thanks very much, but I still cannot find the right term in Czech. Can anybody help me please?
          Jarda

          > Does anybody happen to have an idea what the term "authority files" might mean in the context of the catalogue of the French National Library? It may also be a wrong translation from French into English. Thanks very much for any hints.
          > Regards,
          > Jarda

        • Alena Rysková 2e
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
            af = authority list = soupis/soubor autoritativnich zahlavi v katalogu (zdroj: Anglicko-cesky slovnik knihovnictvi a informatiky 1994)
            Alena

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
              Ahoj, Alenko!
              Veliky dik, zachranila jsi mne :-))